Amazon was one among the most successful stories of applying cross-selling and upselling online. And now, with your Shopify store, why wait?
Do you have any items that should be bought together? Or have you ever seen your customers buying one of them and forgetting the other? It’s time for you to remind them, and give them a little encouragement. The suggestion is to offer them a discount on the second item: Buy X get xx% off Y.
It is easy with Promotion Popup app. Customers will be notified by a popup when they are on their cart page if they already purchased X without Y. In case they did purchase both of them, the discount will automatically apply for Y on their cart.
The setting-up procedure is as easy as follows:
X is Derby Tier Backpack at $148.
Y is Canvas Lunch Bag priced at $32.
Now we want to offer customers Y for free if they buy X.
Step 1: Click on “Add New Popup”.
Step 2: At Where Popup Shows -> Show at: choose “Cart Page for Upsell and Cross-sell”. Under that is the block “Choose product variant”, we click search icon to choose product X. (In this case, it is Derby Tier Backpack).
Step 3: Continue with “Design Popup”, we choose template “Discount Product 1” or “Discount Product 2” by clicking “Select another template”. In this example, we choose “Discount Product 1”.
In Discount Product 1 template, there are 2 compulsory information boxes:
1. Product Discount Code: coupon code using to offer Y (Canvas Lunch Bag) for free. The process to generate the code will be shown in step 4 below.
2. Choose Product Variant: choose Y (Canvas Lunch Bag)
The popup will look like this:
There are still 2 parts of the popup that need changing:
1. Default text of template : “Specilal Offer for VALENTINE’S DAY Discount 20% on” to “HAPPY WOMEN’S DAY You have just bought Derby Tier Backpack and get” ( the subject is up to you).
2. Special price : “$32.00” to FREE (as in this example we want to give them Y for free if they buy X).
It is how the new pop up look like:
Step 4: Create coupon buyBackpackgetBagFREE. Choose Discounts on your control tab:
The screen will look like this.
It is where you customize your offer, and when things get a little tricky. Because, Promotion Popup is set up to automatically apply the promotion code once the customers see the pop up.
As we set up that the pop up will show if the cart has product X, even when the customer deletes X after that, the sale will still be applicable. In the case, it is suggested you apply this rule “take $32 (price of Y) off for order over $140 (close to price of X)”.
Step 5: After generating the coupon code, paste it to “Product Discount Code” box and “Apply To Shop”
Let’s check the result:
1. Searching for Derby Tier Backpack on your product on your catalog:
2. Go to product page or buy it directly from Quick View popup.
3. The popup will show up once we click on “Add to cart” button.
4. Click on “I Want This” button to put Canvas Lunch Bag into cart.
5. After clicking check out, the discount will be applied.
Now, let’s go back to your store and increase your sale with the help of Promotion Popup by Secomapp!
For any questions, how to’s or guides, please drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to hear from you!